Minister to Members, Reach Your Community with a Church Health Ministry!
Discover the steps and stages for successful member ministry and community outreach through a Health Ministry.
Why a health ministry?
• To provide education and resources to promote health and wellness
• To reduce health care cost by providing simple health services
• To help the pastor fulfill the role of assisting people who call for help
• To have emergency first-aid and CPR assistance when needed
• To show the love of Christ through serving the church and community
• To reach people who would otherwise not be reached
• To provide a place where health professionals can serve, using their skills in ministry
• To promote the ministry of your church in your community
This resource takes you through…
- reasons for offering a health ministry,
- history of helping,
- discussion stage,
- step-by-step planning (goals, organizational structure, budget, ethics/legal consideration, where to begin and more),
- action stage (needs survey, record keeping, evaluation, inspiration)
- and offers practical tips and a complete guide to organizing and conducting a Church Health Fair.
Begin your health ministry with simple blood pressure checks after services or plan a comprehensive ministry with health screenings, wellness seminars, exercise classes, yearly health fairs, and more.
Developed by an experienced Registered Nurse/Parish Health Ministry Coordinator and a Licensed Clinical Psychologist/Educator.
Includes: 88 page how-to manual plus organizational forms and samples in PDF format for download. PDF may be viewed on any electronic device, saved to disk or drive and printed for use by individual or local ministry who purchased this PDF resource.